Friday, July 8, 2016

Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

As the days started to get warmer and warmer. Warm to the point where you wake up and can wear shorts and a tee shirt and the day stays warm or get warmer, even hot. I was having an issue with my morning coffee on the way to work. By the time I finished my hot coffee I was roasting. My whole body was warm, warm to the point where I needed to open a window or turn on the air.

I decided I needed to come up with a cold coffee drink that I could make quickly in the morning. As I was looking through all of my previously made cold coffee drinks, I realized that I had never made an iced coffee, only frozen coffee's.

So I knew it was time to fix that. As I was preparing what I needed to make iced coffee the next morning, it dawned on me. Why would I put regular ice cubes in my iced coffee, because when they melted, it would just water down my coffee. So I brewed some coffee, let it cool and then poured it into ice cube tray and frozen them. You could also do this with some leftover coffee if you happen to have any from your morning coffee or brew some just to make ice cubes like I did.

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some flavored iced coffee recipes. I really got on a kick with this iced coffee thing.

Iced Coffee

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cups brewed coffee, cold
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • coffee ice cubes

Directions:

  1. Place the coffee and milk into a blender and blend until well mixed and frothy.
  2. Add coffee ice cubes to a glass and pour coffee over top.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
You can add 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar when you blend the ingredients if you like your coffee a little sweeter.


Nutrition Facts

Servings 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 25

Total Fat

0.1g

Saturated Fat

0g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

1.2g

Sodium

44.7g

Potassium

315g

Total Carbohydrates

3.5g

Dietary Fiber

0g

Sugars

3.5g

Protein

2.6g

Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1%

Calcium 9.3% Iron 0.2%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...