Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cherry Cheesecake Pizza

Cherry Cheesecake Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satsifying

It occurred to me a few months ago that with all of these pizza restaurant chains offering some sort of dessert that I should look into making some dessert pizzas at home. I decided to go the easy route and see if I could find any online, versus creating my own recipe.

With life being so busy I really have to prioritize things and finding time to create recipes is just not going to happen. Some days I even find it hard to find time to write a new post, but no matter how late I have to stay up to finish I am determined not to miss a day. I have not missed a day yet and do not intend to start.

Anyways, back to dessert pizzas. I found several recipes online and pinned them to make on some of our pizza nights. This was the first one I decided to try and it was delicious. I originally was going to make my own homemade cherry pie filling, but when I priced out the cherries (I was going to use frozen) it was so much more than a can and I could not justify the cost. So canned filing it was.

Cherry Cheesecake Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satsifying

This dessert pizza was delicious and enjoyed by the whole family. Plus it has me looking forward to trying more dessert pizzas.

Cherry Cheesecake Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 1 ball of pizza dough
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup +1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1 can cherry pie filling

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
  2. Lightly grease a pizza pan and stretch the dough to fit. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon granulated sugar evenly over the dough. Set aside.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, egg and the remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
  4. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the dough and spread evenly over the dough leaving a gap around the edge.
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cream cheese is set and the crust is lightly browned.
  6. Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
  7. Top with the cherry pie filling, leaving a gap around the edge, so you can see the cheesecake layer.
  8. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories 288

Total Fat

11.3g

Saturated Fat

5.7g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.5g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.7g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

54.4g

Sodium

269.2g

Potassium

49.2g

Total Carbohydrates

42.2g

Dietary Fiber

0.9g

Sugars

23.2g

Protein

4.5g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0.4%

Calcium 3.1% Iron 3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Simply Stacie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...