Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Chocolate Filling

Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Chocolate Filling

I had previously made some Ricotta Pancakes that were so very delicious. Then I came across this recipe which is pretty similar except it is made with cottage cheese and filled with chocolate. Since the other cheese pancakes were such a huge hit I decided to give these a try.

I served the pancakes with some berry sauce I had leftover from another recipe. But, some how I did not get a picture of the pancakes with the berry sauce, sorry.

These pancakes came out with mixed reviews. My girls and husband loved them. For me I thought it was a bit too much chocolate. I know some of you can not believe I just said that, but I am not a person who has to have chocolate. Don't get me wrong I like chocolate, but I just do not crave it or enjoy a lot of it at once. However, I really enjoyed them with the berry sauce on top, it helped to cut the chocolate for me. My girls loved them both with and without the berry sauce and could not pick a favorite. My husband did not like them at all with the berry sauce. He loved them plain and said it was a "chocolate river that just flows out".

Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Chocolate Filling

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 16 ounces cottage cheese, well drained
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 chocolate bar with at least 10 pieces
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour for coating dough
  • olive oil

Optional Toppings

  • berry sauce
  • jam or jelly
  • powdered sugar

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl combine the 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder.
  2. In food processor or blender add the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Process until well blended and cheese is almost smooth.
  3. Transfer the wet mixture into the dry and stir just until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
  4. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat.
  5. In a shallow bowl place the 1/2 cup flour.
  6. Break the chocolate bar into individual pieces.
  7. Line a plate with paper towels.
  8. Scoop a slightly heaping tablespoon of dough out of the bowl.
  9. Place 1 chocolate piece into the dough and cover with dough, adding a bit more dough if needed to cover the chocolate piece.
  10. Transfer the dough ball into the flour and coat with flour.
  11. Continue until all the dough has been made into balls, you will get about 10.
  12. Coat your hands in flour and pick up one dough ball and transfer it between your hands to remove any excess flour.
  13. Flatten the dough ball in your hands to form a patty, making sure to keep the chocolate covered, and place it into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
  14. You will need to cook the pancakes in batches, adding more oil if needed.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
You made need more or less flour depending on how well your cottage cheese is drained. The dough should be slightly sticky and soft, but hold together well once formed into a ball and coated in flour.


Nutrition Facts

Servings 5

Amount Per Serving

Calories 370

Total Fat

16.1g

Saturated Fat

4.1g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1.6g

Monounsaturated Fat

9g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

79.7g

Sodium

658.4g

Potassium

137.1g

Total Carbohydrates

39.1g

Dietary Fiber

0.9g

Sugars

16.8g

Protein

17.2g

Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% Iron 10.8%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Yummy Addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...