Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Bagel Breakfast Sandwich

Bagel Breakfast Sandwich: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I have always been a fan of bagel sandwiches. We have this favorite bagel shop that makes the best bagel sandwiches. Unfortunetlaly we no longer live near any of their locations. But we always make sure to stop by one if we happen to be near any of their locations.

I do not know why I have never thought about making a breakfast bagel sandwich, but once I saw a pin for one I knew I needed to make a version of it as soon as possible. My husband and I loved this breakfast sandwich so much that I am already thinking about making it again. But next time I may try a sausage patty and I might add some lettuce and tomato slices. That's the great thing about a sandwich like this, is easy it is to customize to your liking.

Bagel Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients:

  • 1 bagel of your choice
  • 1 cheese slice of your choice, I used munster
  • 1 slice turkey bacon
  • 1 egg
  • black pepper
  • miracle whip

Directions:

  1. Cut the bagel in half horizontally and toast to your liking.
  2. As soon as the bagel in done place cheese slices on top of the bottom half of the bagel so it can melt a little.
  3. While bagel is toasting, cook your bacon slices and set aside.
  4. Cook the egg your desired way and to your liking. While the egg is cooking season with black pepper. I left the yolk running in my egg, since that is how we like them cooked.
  5. Place the bacon slice on top of the cheese, followed by the cooked egg.
  6. Spread some miracle whip on the top half of the bagel and then place on top of the egg.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used my Homemade New York Style Bagels for this recipe.


Nutrition Facts

Servings 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 430

Total Fat

19.3g

Saturated Fat

6.6g

Polyunsaturated Fat

3g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.8g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

226g

Sodium

871g

Potassium

70.3g

Total Carbohydrates

42.5g

Dietary Fiber

1g

Sugars

4g

Protein

21.3g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4%

Calcium 21% Iron 19.1%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Blooming on Bainbridge.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...