Thursday, September 10, 2015

Crock Pot Apple Butter

My husband is a huge fan of apple butter, so of course I had to try a homemade version of it. 

Crock Pot Apple Butter: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

There are a few things that I love about this recipe. I love that you can use any type of apple. I love how easy it is to get ready. I love how I do not have to peel the apples. But most importantly I love how much my husband loved this apple butter!

Crock Pot Apple Butter

Ingredients:

  • 6 apples, any type
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • little squeeze of lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar

Directions:

  1. Remove the core from the apples and roughly chop them. You do not need to peel the apples.
  2. In a crock pot place the apples, cinnamon, water, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
  3. Stir, place the lid on crock pot and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours. Check occasionally to make sure there is still moisture in the crock pot and apples have not dried out. If needed add more water to keep the apples from drying out.
  4. Place the apple butter into a blender or food processor and add a little squeeze of lemon. Puree until smooth.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
After 4 1/2 hours if the apple butter does not have a nice brown color and looks more like applesauce, not apple butter, just turn the crock pot up to high and cook for another hour or so with the lid off checking often.

Serving Size: about 2 tablespoons
Calories: 22
Total Fat: 0.1g
   Saturated: 0g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 1mg
Potassium: 37.9mg
Total Carbs: 6g
   Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
   Sugars: 6.9g
Protein: 0.2g
Vitamin A: 0.4%
Vitamin C: 2.2%
Calcium: 0.9%
Iron: 1.1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from My Frugal Adventures.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...