Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Piña Colada Ice Cream

Piña Colada Ice Cream: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Have I mentioned how much I love my ice cream maker? I am sure I have, but if I haven't, well I love it. This ice cream is a perfect example of why I love it. A piña colada in ice cream form is a wonderful and delicious thing.

Piña Colada Ice Cream

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
  • 2 tablespoons drained pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon rum extract

Directions:

  1. Place freezer safe container, for storing the ice cream, in the freezer.
  2. In a large bowl combine the heavy cream, half and half and sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  3. Add in the pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut, coconut extract and rum extract. Stir to combine.
  4. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
  5. Remove storage container from freezer and transfer ice cream into it. Put the lid on the container and freeze.
Enjoy!!!

*Adapted from I Wash... You Dry.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...