Monday, August 3, 2015

Air Popped Kettle Corn

Air Popped Kettle Corn: Savory Sweet and Satsifying


Recently I had seen several recipes for homemade kettle corn and decided it was time to make it myself so I could enjoy it whenever I wanted. However, all of the recipes either called for a bag of microwave popcorn or cooking the kernels in a big pot on the stove. I did not want to use either of those options so I created a recipe that used my air popper.

I am glad I tried a homemade version because out of all the different types of popcorn, kettle corn is my favorite. I just love the combination of sweet and salty.

Air Popped Kettle Corn

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
  • 1/4 cup salted butter
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. Pop the popcorn kernels in an air popper and set aside.
  2. In a small saucepan add in the butter, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted, mixture comes to a boil, sugar is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened.
  3. Pour butter, sugar and salt mixture over the popped popcorn and gently stir to evenly coat the popcorn. You can also gently toss the popcorn in the bowl to evenly coat it.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 4
Calories: 154
Total Fat: 11.9g
   Saturated: 7.3g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.4g
   Monounsaturated: 3g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 30.5mg
Sodium: 683.7mg
Potassium: 3.5mg
Total Carbs: 3.9g
   Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
   Sugars: 3.2g
Protein: 0.6g
Vitamin A: 7.1%
Vitamin C: 0.1%
Calcium: 0.4%
Iron: 0.2%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...