Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Cranberry Vanilla Smoothie

Cranberry Vanilla Smoothie: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Recently I was inspired by #MadeWithChobani to create a recipe using their yogurt. I bounced a few ideas of off my husband, but none of them really seemed like the right one. Then I remembered seeing a pin on Pinterest about a cranberry smoothie. I loved the idea, but it used leftover cranberry sauce and while I usually have a little bit of leftover cranberry sauce, I do not think my family would appreciate me using it in a smoothie. They would prefer to eat their cranberry sauce and not drink it. So I decided to use my smoothie knowledge and create one using fresh cranberries and of course Chobani yogurt.

Cranberry Vanilla Smoothie: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This smoothie was a huge hit with my entire family! We all enjoyed the vanilla flavor of the Chobani yogurt and the subtle tartness of the cranberries. I will definitely be making this smoothie again next year for the holidays.

Cranberry Vanilla Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh cranberries, frozen
  • 3/4 cup half and half
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 12 ounces Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined and smooth.
  2. Serve immediately.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 4
Calories: 227
Total Fat: 4.5g
   Saturated: 3g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 20.9mg
Sodium: 87.8mg
Potassium: 75mg
Total Carbs: 35.9g
   Dietary Fiber: 2g
   Sugars: 32.7g
Protein: 10.2g
Vitamin A: 4.9%
Vitamin C: 10.8%
Calcium: 21.6%
Iron: 1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...