Friday, September 19, 2014

Rice Pudding

Rice Pudding: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

You will have to excuse these pictures. I took them with my phone and while I was at my parents cottage. My parents are not used to my picture taking of meals and I wanted to take the pictures quickly as to not hold up the meal.

Rice Pudding: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Over the years I have tried several different recipes for rice pudding and none of them compared to the one my mom made growing up. So, while at the my parents cottage, my mom was looking for a dessert where she had all the ingredients on hand. I suggested rice pudding since I have not had a good one in many many years. Luckily she had everything needed to make it. So I helped her make this delicious rice pudding and snapped a picture of the recipe so I can now make a delicious rice pudding whenever I want. Even better yet my youngest daughter who has suddenly decided that she does not like rice liked this.

Rice Pudding

Ingredients:

  • 6 tablespoon uncooked white rice
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 4 cups fat free milk
  • 4 cups half and half
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raisins

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
  2. In a 9x13 pan combine the rice, sugar, milk and vanilla.
  3. Bake for 2 hours or until the rice is very soft, stirring every 20 minutes.
  4. Stir in vanilla and raisins and sprinkle with cinnamon.
  5. Bake, without stirring for 15 minutes or until a light golden crust forms.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 8
Calories: 314
Total Fat: 14.1g
   Saturated: 8g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 62.5mg
Sodium: 130.1mg
Potassium: 360.3mg
Total Carbs: 37.6g
   Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
   Sugars: 25.6g
Protein: 9.7g
Vitamin A: 13%
Vitamin C: 3.2%
Calcium: 33.1%
Iron: 4.2%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...