Friday, September 12, 2014

Dessert Pizza

Dessert Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Growing up this was a family favorite dessert. My mom had found the recipe and we decided to make it since it seemed like it would be good and easy to make. Well, it was easy to make and it was very good, that is why it became a family favorite.

This summer while at my parents cottage my mom mentioned dessert pizza to my kids and they were instantly intrigued and wanted to know what it was. After hearing the description my kids were sold and wanted to have dessert pizza.

When my mom told me about my kids wanting dessert pizza, I realized I had completely forgotten about this delicious and easy dessert and knew we needed to make it again. It was a hit with my kids and tasted just as good as I remembered it.

The nice thing about this dessert pizza is that you can use any fresh fruit you like, growing up my family always used, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and green grapes (which later became red grapes since that is the kind my dad prefers). You can also use a favorite homemade cookie dough recipe instead of prepackaged, which I plan on doing when I find a good sugar cookie recipe.

Dessert Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 2- 16.5 ounce packages refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoon milk
  • 16 ounces light cool whip, thawed
  • fresh fruit sliced

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a pizza pan of at least 14 inches.
  2. Press cookie dough down evenly onto the prepared pizza pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
  3. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
  4. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
  5. Gently stir in the cool whip.
  6. Spread mixture onto cooled cookie crust and topped with fresh fruit.
  7. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 12
Calories: 526
Total Fat: 24.6g
   Saturated: 11g
   Polyunsaturated: 2.2g
   Monounsaturated: 9.2g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 36.1mg
Sodium: 432.1mg
Potassium: 256.2mg
Total Carbs: 68.7g
   Dietary Fiber: 2g
   Sugars: 31.9g
Protein: 5.3g
Vitamin A: 1.4%
Vitamin C: 56.7%
Calcium: 7.8%
Iron: 8.6%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...