Friday, May 2, 2014

Frozen Mocha Frappuccino

Savory Sweet and Satisfying: Frozen Mocha Frappuccino

Three years ago my family moved from the middle of Michigan to a suburb of Chicago. I had no problems with moving. I grew up living in a suburb of Detroit, so moving back to a suburb of a major city was exciting for me. That was until I discovered that my favorite coffee shop was a Michigan based coffee shop.

The good news is I quickly discovered that even though my coffee shop was Michigan based there were some outside of Michigan. The bad news is the closet one to our new home was over an hour away. Major bummer! Now instead of having two of my coffee shops within 3 miles of my home I was going to have one over an hour away. So sad!

Savory Sweet and Satisfying: Frozen Mocha Frappuccino

Since I was not going to be able to enjoy my favorite coffee drinks whenever I felt like it, I decided to try some homemade versions. What a good choice, they are easy to make and taste great. Whats even better, they make my wallet very happy!

Another unexpected, but happy outcome of moving so far from my coffee shop was my trips back to Michigan. Since most of our family is still back in Michigan we make trips back there several times a year and of course those trips always included a stop at my favorite coffee shop. Which makes the drinks taste so much better and so much more special than they used to when I could get them whenever.

With this drink there are a few changes you can make to tailor it to your tastes. Instead of half and half you can use milk and you can add more sugar if you want it even sweeter.

Frozen Mocha Frappuccino

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup strong coffee, frozen into cubes
  • 1/2 cup half and half
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

Directions:

  1. Place half and half and coffee cubes in a blender. Blend until crushed.
  2. Add in chocolate syrup and sugar. Blend again and serve.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 1
Calories: 208
Total Fat: 0.1g
   Saturated: 8g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Sodium: 81.7mg
Potassium: 154.7mg
Total Carbs: 40.3g
   Dietary Fiber: 1g
   Sugars: 36g
Protein: 5.3g
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 16%
Iron: 0%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...