Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Coconut Cranberry Cookies

Savory Sweet and Satisfying: Coconut Cranberry Cookies

The past few months I have been on a roll and most all of the recipes I have tried have been really good. So a few recipes got buried in my pile of recipes that I needed to blog about. This recipe is one of those that got buried and I did not get it ready and published when I wanted to. As I try and deal with this fact (I happen to be a very organized person) you go ahead and enjoy these yummy cookies!

Savory Sweet and Satisfying: Coconut Cranberry Cookies

On the first day of school for my girls this year, I decided to start a tradition and have fresh baked cookies waiting for them when they got home. I picked a recipe that used ingredients I already had and let me say I pick a fabulous one. It is easy to get ready and yields delicious cookies, plenty of delicious cookies.

This recipe yields about 6 dozen cookies, so you will need more than 2 cookie sheets. If you do not have more than 2 like I don't, then just wait the 5 minutes for the cookies to cool on the sheet and then scoop out more dough place on cookie sheet and bake.

Coconut Cranberry Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
  • 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 cookies sheets.
  2. In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugar, orange peel and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
  3. Beat in egg until well blended.
  4. In a medium bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
  5. Add this to the butter mixture and mix with a mixer on low speed until dough comes together, about 5 minutes.
  6. Mix in cranberries and coconut.
  7. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
  8. Bake for 11-15 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown.
  9. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!!!

Yields: about 6 dozen

*Adapted from Home Grown Beets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...