Friday, June 7, 2013

Sand Pudding

Sand Pudding

Before we get to this yummy dessert, I must apologize for this picture. My photographer husband was not around nor was I anywhere near his camera. All I had was my crappy phone camera, but I needed to take of picture of this super easy and super yummy dessert. So, don't let this picture deter you from making this dessert.

Last summer, after spending many, many hours at the beach with my girls, I thought this dessert would be perfect to make for them. I was right, they loved it. This was of course after I had to convince them it was not real sand.

If you are looking for a fun and super yummy dessert then this is the recipe for you and of course serving it in a real sand bucket just enhances the look of the sand pudding.

Sand Pudding

Ingredients:

  • 1 package Vanilla Wafers
  • 3 Oreos (you can adjust the amount of black in your sand by adding more or less Oreos)
  • 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 2- 3.4 ounce packages Instant French Vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 3/4 cups milk
  • 12 ounces Cool Whip, defrosted

Directions:

  1. Pulse Oreos and Vanilla Wafers in a food processor until it resembles sand. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until well mixed.
  3. In yet another bowl, mix the pudding and milk together until combined.
  4. Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture, mixing until combined.
  5. Fold in the defrosted Cool Whip, just until mixed.
  6. In a large bowl, layer the sand and pudding, starting and ending with sand.
Enjoy!!!

Adapted from Ma Nouvelle Mode.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...