Monday, May 27, 2013

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal


Growing up I hated oatmeal. I know hate is a strong word, but it shows how much I really disliked oatmeal. It was bland and tasteless and just not good.

Fast forward many a years and my parents introduced my girls to oatmeal and of course they loved it. So I decided to give oatmeal a try again, but this time instead of having it plain my parents were adding dried cranberries to it. Well, to my surprise with something in the oatmeal it was not too bad, in fact the more I ate it the more I liked it.

So now I am always looking for new ways to jazz up my oatmeal. This recipe was very good and very filling, but not too sweet. It was a perfect delicious way to start my day.

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Directions:

  1. Put oats and water in a bowl and microwave for about 2 1/2-3 minutes, or until the oats are cooked and water has been absorbed.
  2. Stir the oatmeal and then add the yogurt, strawberries, and honey, stirring to combine.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 1
Calories: 256.6
Total Fat: 3.2g
   Saturated: 0.5g
   Polyunsaturated: 1g
   Monounsaturated: 1g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 26.9mg
Potassium: 42.5g
Total Carbs: 49.6g
   Dietary Fiber: 4.2g
   Sugars: 21.3g
Protein: 11.2g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 81.5%
Calcium: 10.1%
Iron: 12%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Women's Health Magazine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...