Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Homemade Shamrock Shake

Homemade Shamrock Shake

I made this shake for St. Patrick's day and it was a huge hit. It was not too thick so you could easily drink it with a straw and it had the perfect amount of refreshing mint flavor.

I used my homemade vanilla ice cream that I made with my new ice cream maker. Let me tell you I am in love with making my own ice cream and I don't think I will ever buy store bought again. It is easy to make and the flavor combinations are endless. Not to mention it is made with real ingredients and I know exactly what is in my ice cream.

Shamrock Shake

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 1/2 cup half and half
  • 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
  • green food coloring

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and well blended.
  2. Divide between three glasses and top with whipped cream.

Enjoy!!!

*Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...