One of my family's most favorite dinners is Tater Tot Casserole, so when I saw this recipe for a breakfast version, there was no doubt that I was going to make it. This casserole was everything I thought is was going to be. The combination of sausage, eggs, and cheese topped with tater tots, yum!
One nice thing about this casserole is that you can make simple changes to tailor it to your own taste. Instead of regular sausage(or mild) you can use hot, to give it a nice kick (my favorite way). If you like things extra cheesy you can add up to two additional cups of cheese. Also, you can put it all together, minus the tater tots, and refrigerate overnight. Then adding the tater tots right before you bake it.
Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sausage, drain and spread evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Top with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk and eggs and pour over cheese.
- Top with frozen tater tots and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Total Fat: 38.2g
Total Carbs: 27.6g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Vitamin A: 11%
Vitamin C: 9.5%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Group Recipes.